BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Poetry

Poetry

Sunday, August 23, 2009

You Had My Back

The love of mine that I was blind to see,
Had my back and wanted me,
I was your first and last when you were my tenth,
You were my shoulder when I had no strength,
Always around when I wanted to chill or hang,
You were my red bull when I need wings,
The repair man to my soul when another boy broke my heart,
Not knowing you had it on lock when ever my day would start.
Drained my pain from a cloth full of tears,
Gave me a hand when I needed a spear.
You were my laffy taffy when my sweat touch was on alert,
You were that ketchup stain I could never get out of that white borrowed shirt,
Santa’s gift to me on Christmas day,
Anticipations of u, me, and summer at the end of may,
The reason I put lip gloss on my lips,
Reminisces of u, me , and our first kiss,
You were there when I cried on my knees,
You were my shield when I was a friend in need,
I could always count on you for wanting me, but now that I want u your no where to be seen.

-Ebony Jones

0 comments: